January 2019 Devlog
December '18 - January '19
The new year has arrived and a new chapter unfolds in the development of Blackout. Over the last month, here's what occurred:
- The world map has been reworked this time around and built from scratch to work a proper scale into the world so that the player does not traverse unrealistically long or short hallways and rooms.
- Some gameplay mechanics have been implemented into the code, rough around the edges, but its there.
- The AI code has been tested and expanded a bit more to have a more diverse branching path set.
Plans for January '19
Over the course of this month, we intend to complete tasks such as the following:
- Make more progress on the playable world map complete with some rooms and some temporary props to populate the environment.
- Develop a full, temporary rig for the monster with some rough animations.
- Construct the First Person arms for the player.
- First look at the HUD for the player.
- Model some modular props for the environment.
- *Test out some lighting solutions in the environment*
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.